CASIO CDP-100 with Ableton Live

Moderatoren: Andy, Gustl

Antworten
FraQuinz

CASIO CDP-100 with Ableton Live

Beitrag von FraQuinz » 02.12.2013, 20:38

Hello, I recently downloaded the trial version of Ableton Live 9 and installed on my Mac 10.5.8.
I have a keyboard CASIO CDP-100 that I would like to use as MIDI hardware with Ableton - i.e. I would like to "press" the keys and be able to play the corresponding note with the sounds in Ableton.
To do that, I bought a USB MIDI cable Justin MP-01 and connected the keyboard to my computer with it.

When conncting the Kayboard to the USB port, my computer (and Ableton) recognize an external MIDI imput and two external output lines. However, when I press the keys of my keyboard, Ableton doesn't recive any imput.
I read the manual of my keyboard, but there's not really much about it. I also watched a lot of tutorials and played around with the settings of Ableton (in the preferences/MIDI Sync session), but still nothing. I also downloaded a plug-in and installed it succesfully. Again, nothing.

My keyboard does have a plug to be used as an external MIDI hardware, and the people at the music store say that everything should work fine. Anyone had the same problem? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you! :)

Antworten